Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bunny!

On Sunday we got a bunny. It is a Holland Lop. It's a male and his name is Peanut. He is grey and brown. His ears are grey and he has some grey on his side but he is mostly brown. The lady we bought him from called it "tort." My mom thinks it's short for "tortiseshell." He is a very sweet bunny and he only bit me once because he was supposed to be sleeping and I went to pick him up and he bit me because he wanted to sleep. That's when my mom told me they are nocturnal, which means sleep in the day and are up at night.
We've had him for a couple of days now and we are going to learn how to litter box train him. We gave him a water bottle and some strawberries and regular rabbit food. He peed on my mom's bed and nibbled on my mom's shoulder last night. We have to go to a feed store to buy the food because the lady gave us a little bag of food but we need more.
Penny is still very interested in having another animal in the house and she doesn't really know how to play nice with it. She is used to playing with dogs about her same size so she doesn't know how to act around this small animal. She sniffs him when I'm holding him or starts to play like she would play with her sister so we have to pick Peanut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment